My name is Raina Gielge and I am the founder and director of the language school Die
DeutschDealer. A polyglot neurolinguist, I am fascinated by language both as the bearer of
culture and communication and as a wonderful and complex function of the human brain:
- On the one hand, learning a language broadens our horizons, giving us the opportunity
to understand the world around us from a fresh new perspective. Not only can we
participate better in Berlin life, but we also experience cultural diversity in a whole new,
- On the other hand, it also refines how we see ourselves and our inherent yet ever
changing learning and memory processes. We discover our inner map of associations and
thought patterns, become aware of our personal learning strategies and how best to put
them to use. In doing so, it becomes clearer to us that we are, in our very essence, vital,
communicative and adaptive beings.
In our courses, we aim to hone both of these skills in our students. Allow me to introduce our
, the organisation
and the team
in a little more detail.
Satisfied? We are happy to hear what you have to say
about your experience with us!
Based on our years of experience with in-house language training, we discuss personally the best course model with our clients. Our courses are optimally designed around the company’s conditions and the personal needs of the participants:
- Depending on the times and spaces available in the office as well as the frequency and duration of the lessons, we design courses suitable to the levels (A1 – C2) and the requested lesson form (intensive course, conversation course, etc.).
- We conduct placement tests in order to assess the participants’ language levels, enabling us to create organic groups in which students can best learn together.
- Last but not least, we choose the most suitable and dedicated teachers for the course and the company – and then the lessons can start!
But our services don’t end there: after the courses have been created, mentoring the sudents and staying in touch with the office and the teachers is a big priority:
- For the duration of the contract, anyone taking or interested in taking a course can seek our advice on learning – before or after a lesson, by email or by appointment.
- Anyone who would like to have lessons after the courses have started can still take a placement test and join an existing group at his or her level.
- To ensure the high quality and tailored form of the course over a long period of time, we regularly ask for formal and informal feedback and evaluations from the participants, the results of which are addressed by the teacher and taken into consideration in class.
Die DeutschDealer thus provides a personalized, professional and comprehensive service. Any questions? Contact us
THE TEACHING CONCEPT
My teachers and I
- Learning for life: We teach a consistently authentic and up-to-date language that you can use in your daily life from the start. This means that we concentrate on the participants’ immediate surroundings and the situations in which they communicate the most in German.
- Cultural immersion: Our learning material is taken from Berlin life, incorporating current events, German lyrics and films, or fragments of daily communication like advertisements, notices, cartoons, etc. They have a didactic function, but are authentic and uncensored – from level A1 upwards.
- Student centred: We speak to the participants about their goals and expectations, work with a wide variety of teaching methods for different types of learners, and regularly ask for feedback. Even in mixed groups, we are able to respond to the participants’ individual needs, and thus make the lesson relevant for everyone.
- And what are you like? The learning process itself is an important part of course development. We present various learning strategies and encourage the participants to try them out and find their personal preferences and strengths. Working with various memory techniques and addressing learning strategies straight on prevents learners from getting frustrated and enables them to take control of their progress.
have been using these principles for over 5 years. It has been our pleasure, and, so say our students
, our great success!
The greatest asset of any language school is its teachers. In the end, they are the ones who put our mission
into practice! As a team, we support and inspire each other, both in terms of content and form:
At team meetings we share new insights and teaching methods, as well as course material; we eat cake, discuss our students’ feedback and evaluate learning progress.
We use these occasions as an opportunity to mentor our teachers and ensure the high quality of the lessons as well as a truly personalized experience for our students.
Do you share our vision and want to become part of our team?
We are always happy to take new applications!
Who are the people behind Die DeutschDealer?
Raina – director of Die DeutschDealer
Dorothee – organization and communication
André – teacher
Carsten – teacher
Jenni – teacher
Maika – teacher
Steffi – teacher
Vero – teacher